Queens Beach Tourist Village
Bowen, The Whitsundays
2022 Best Grey Nomad Large Caravan Park
2021 Best Grey Nomad Large Caravan Park
Bowen is a seaside town that flanks the Whitsundays from the north and is renowned for spectacular scenery, fresh seafood, Australia - the movie, and Bowen mangoes. Bowen is, in fact, a string of beaches nestled into and around a large headland and Queens Beach Tourist Village is on the perfectly-positioned northern beach. Its seven acres of garden sites are located just a short level stroll to a beautiful sandy beach, seaside golf course, tennis courts, lawn bowls, medical centre, cinemas, hotel, takeaway and convenience store.
Location: 160 Mt Nutt Road, Queens Beach, Bowen
Open: All year round
Facilities: This pet-friendly park boasts 140 sites that are hedged for greater privacy, plus two pools - one of which is a resort style, disability-friendly lap pool where winter aerobics classes are held, three amenities blocks, three dump points, sheltered BBQ areas and three camp kitchens. One of these is used to host card games, board games, arts and craft afternoons plus happy hours and fortnightly raffle and sizzle nights through the peak winter months. A coffee van also makes the rounds a few times weekly in the busy season.
* The historic Summergarden Cinemas are within walking distance and screen the latest movies..
* The Big Mango, which you can't miss if travelling into town from the south as it dominates the space outside the Visitor Information Centre (VIC) on the Bruce Highway. There's also The Big Mango's little, but still big, cousin at the other VIC on the foreshore in town.
* The water tank mural. It's big - way bigger than The Big Mango. It sits perched atop the hill that splits the town in two. Half the population look south-east towards the Whitsundays and the other half populate the cluster of idyllic beaches that fringe the destination to the north, which is where the Queens Beach Tourist Village is located.
* Bowen is north Queensland's oldest town and pride in the destination's history translated a few years ago to 19 murals that depict events and life over the past 150 years.
* The magnificent view from atop Flagstaff Hill has to make it one of THE BEST locations anywhere in Australia. 360 degree views!
Judges said: So often it is the little things that make the difference. Queens Beach Tourist Village has both the big things and the little things covered, and welcome surprises such as a coffee van and the unique temperature-controlled lighting on all tapware, add numerous wow factors for those staying in this park.